Tuesday, February 10, 2009

... and Kelli

Kelli failed to mention that she has been doing a very diligent job of training for a triathlon this coming May. She originally started by doing some serious shopping - and I have to admit she looks pretty darn hot in her new biking and triathlon gear. I would post some pictures but first I'd have to be sneaky enough to take them and second I'd end up sleeping on the couch ... probably till may. The other night we went on a 'date' to the swimming pool and did some laps. She's doing great and is gradually building up to the 300 meter swim leg (then 12 mile bike and 3 mile run.) She's pretty determined and it will be fun to watch her and Jenny do it.

3 comments:

Delightful Domestic Science said...

Woo hoo Kelli! And i heard you were hot stuff in your tennis skirt ;-) I guess you balance out your "top gun" husband huh?

Jen said...

wow, I guess I better beef up my attire ;) we are going to have a blast crossing that finish line!

Maren said...

That's awesome that you are training for a triathalon. I've been in awe of Jenny's drive for it. I think it sounds like a fantastic goal, except for the fact that I don't know how to swim. Throws a damper on it. I don't know how it would look if I dog paddled through that part.

Okay Almond Toffee Bars:
I love that you remember them from that long ago. I wish I didn't salivate every time I think of those cookie bars. Each Christmas I wander over to the pan at my mom's and tell myself repeatedly that one more won't hurt. I don't know where it came from, but the recipe has been in the family since 1959. I have no idea why the word toffee is in the title. Now here is my favorite dessert recipe:
2 1/4 C flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1 C butter/margarine
1 C brown sugar
1 tsp. almond flavor
1 C chocolate chips
(opt. 1/2 C chopped nuts)

Cream butter, sugars, and almond flavor. Add dry ingredients, and mix well. Smash flat into a GREASED 9x13 pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes. Glaze when warm, and also cut when warm.

Almond Glaze:
1 Tbsp. butter
3/4 C powdered sugar
2 Tbsp. milk
1/2 tsp. almond flavor

Enjoy!