Wednesday, January 30, 2008

New projects


In case I needed to find something else to keep me from doing things that I REALLY NEED to do (like go through boxes from when we moved here...), I decided to get inspired by some blogs on quilting and catch up on the quilts for nieces and nephews. Since Mia will be 2 in July, I think it's time to get her baby quilt to her. The other three are younger, but still quickly growing out of babyhood. It's part of my New Year's resolutions to get these 4 done, plus at least a good start on the next niece's quilt before we move. Well, I started in the first few days of January, and I'm happy to say 2 are done (the tops, at least. I'm waiting on the batting, which had to be ordered due to Australia's extremely ridiculous overpricing of everything, including fabric, batting, and anything else needed to make a quilt!). I won't spoil everything, but here are the fabrics for the 3 girls. The fabrics look great...we'll have to see about the quilts themselves. I bought this fabric for 3 quilts here and then got smart and ordered the rest from the states.

PS--Coming soon to Savannah's blog--a tutorial on how to make a slushy, featuring her new slushy maker from Christmas. She's excited to make it and has really thought it through with all the pictures she wants. Should be helpful to all y'all in a few months' time!

3 comments:

The Whetstone Family said...

Cute! Can't wait to see how to make a slushie!

Jen said...

great resolution Kell! will you post that website for the headbands or send me an e-mail? thanks!

Anonymous said...

Way to go Kelli! Was looking for some chenille this morning to back some burp pads for our little bub and almost passed out because of the prices! Why is everything some much cheaper in the states??? Makes me wanna cry...wait that may be pregnancy hormones ;-) Your fabrics make me want to unfold them and admire them all! So pretty! Miss you lots! - Holly