Thursday, April 3, 2008

Oh Give Me My Home...


Jessy mentioned in the last entry that I was having some cravings, but oh my!! I just got an email from Sonic (I must have registered for something and put my birthday down), and can I just say that while I will miss friends and wildlife and Tim-Tams and the fish and chips shop, I will be SO HAPPY to be able to go to Sonic during happy hour and get an ocean water!!! I have craved that with this one and Pub Squash just isn't the same. Maybe I'd get a toaster sandwich, too, and Savannah would think she had died and gone to heaven when she tasted tater tots again--she loved those! Also, some good Mexican would be great before I get to the heartburn stage (maybe too late for that one already!). And is Big Mac Monday still around??? I really wanted funeral potatoes the other day, but frozen shredded hash browns are unheard of here. And the other night, when we were making some super-duper burritos, I said, "These are better than 7-layer burritos at Taco Bell." The kids' reply, "What is Taco Bell, mum?" I think more than anything, I miss the options--fast food choices and family-friendly restaurants here are few and far between and I appreciate them when I am hungry but can't stand the thought of touching chicken or making anything over a hot stove. Are my kids deprived? Probably not, but I do hope that as we introduce the kids to good old American fast food (in moderation, of course), Savannah will drop the habit of calling dinner "tea!"

4 comments:

DargerFamily said...

Good Luck on the cravings! I the only thing I remember craving was rueben sandwiches!

The Whetstone Family said...

What's ocean water? Sounds salty:) Cravings are so crazy--and so different with each pregnancy!

Jones Fam said...

Ocean water definitely isn't salty--it's sprite with blue coconut flavoring in it. Yummy!

Stacy said...

I miss Applebees and Chili's - I hear you on the choices of fast food and the family friendly resturants.

Good luck with the cravings - don't go back to the states and get it all at once, might make for an interesting meal!