Sunday, September 21, 2008

Busy Days



Well, things are just getting busier and busier around here!! That's what happens when summer winds down. And we are excited for fall to start tomorrow (one season closer to snow, as Collin puts it).

Collin continues to LOVE soccer. He and Jessy are busy with practice and games (I guess we all are, since we usually go watch). He scored 5 goals in his second game, and this past week scored two (5 of the 6 players on his team scored--it was great!). Preschool is going well and it is his favorite part of the day.

Savannah loves her tumbling. Her tooth fell out (2 hours or so after school pictures were taken...I guess there are always retakes). She also loves school and her favorite parts of the day are riding the bus, recess, and lunch.

Hunter is a crazy man, but we love him. He dutifully tags along to all the extracurricular activities and is pretty good about it. He also is my little helper--with laundry, sweeping, garbage emptying and yardwork.

We've been going to the BYU football games (I nearly died when Jessy agreed with Chris that we should get season tickets), and love spending all day in the car with Erica and Mark, at the tailgate party with the Whetstone side of the family (and Jenny and some friends), and at the game. Hunter makes the rounds of sitting on everyone's laps (until he gets a stinky diaper...) and loves watching "the gun" (they shoot a cannon after each score). Collin follows the game pretty well and is very much into shouting "first down" and singing the fight song. Savannah's favorite part of the game is going out with Angie and Colton when he gets restless and doing cartwheels in the shade (and sometimes being spoiled with Dippin' Dots). It's a good thing BYU is having a good season--it's keeping Hunter and Collin happy, at least!

Jessy has another full-time job. He is working like a mad man on the basement. He just finished the heating and AC duct work, and is now working on wiring the lights and outlets. The plumber will be in next week, followed by the drywall crew in the beginning of October. He's set on finishing it before the baby comes, and I believe that he will indeed. He just got a new calling as well. Any guesses? He's the second counselor in Young Mens and the scoutmaster. I know he'll be great at it--he's had a similar calling in our previous two wards!

Speaking of the baby, I had an appointment this week (I was so excited-ha!-to get there, I got pulled over. Thank you, Mr. Ogden Policeman who called it a "pregnant moment" and let me off with that!)--according to the ultrasound, we are on track to have a 9 1/2 pound baby...again!! Isn't once enough for anyone??? I also got a job. Kind of by accident, but I'm not complaining. When we first bought the house and all the details on the mortgage and payments and everything, Jessy was wondering how we could pay it off and half-jokingly told me to apply at some local colleges to teach (he knew I liked doing it in Albuquerque, too). I checked a few out and actually applied to one, just so they would have my resume on file. (The HR people told me to do so because sometimes they need a substitute or something.) Nothing happened for weeks and I wasn't devastated or anything, but then, out of the blue, I got a call saying that this person wanted an interview with me. No details, so I figured it was about subbing. When I went, they said they wanted a person to teach at night at this other campus. And it has worked out great! It is more like a tutoring position as there are three sections of math, ranging from basics to advanced algebra and trigonometry. The students can enroll anytime and then they just work their way through the packets of each class until they are up to speed for what they want to do (nursing at Weber State, advanced electrician classes, etc.). It is ideal for me--I go twice a week for 3 hours. Just enough to get the mental stimulation I need and enough for the kids to miss me!! I also started working with the activity days girls, which should be a fun challenge--those 9-year-olds are crazy!!

So, our lives are getting busier, but it's making time go faster as we wait for Baby 4 to join us!

3 comments:

The Whetstone Family said...

Can't wait to see Savannah's pictures, hehehe! Way to go on the basement, Jessy! I can't imagine having a baby that big! Sam was so much harder than the other two at 711! Good luck!

Leanne said...

How can someone so small have a baby SO big. Good Luck with that.
What does BYU stand for, [ignorant Aussie sorry] Great idea for baby name voting, I guess Hunters preference isn't getting many votes. You all look so happy and summery it is wonderful to see.
Leanne and Keely xxx

Kevin said...

I wish I had an unfinished basement to work on (I guess that means I wish I wasn't renting)! Some day it will happen.

Congrats on the job!

Jessy, what do you mean season tickets to BYU?! - Stace wants me to get them to when we get back but I don't know if I can do it.