Tuesday, July 15, 2008

No more weeds, no more fingertip

**I didn't publish this as I thought maybe I'd add a picture, but I don't know if we'll get the actual photo off the cell phone, and the ones I found on Google, while pretty similar are rather gory. Don't want to make anyone sick!**

These past two days since Jessy last posted have been quite eventful. This is just a short blurb in between Jessy's detailed posts so I don't forget anything. After a weekend away in Salt Lake, we brought Grandma J back with us so she could watch the kids while I went to a doctor's appointment. It worked out very well. Grandpa J made it up after lunch and brought the tractor to raze the weeds in the back yard (it looks SOOOOO much better!). Hunter was in heaven driving that thing around on Grandpa's lap. Then Jacob and Robyn came up for an overnight stay en route to a family reunion at Bear Lake, which was also very fun for us all. We ate some dinner and Jessy went out to crank out some slushies for all the little kids (neighbors included). Grandpa thought he'd be funny and ask Jessy to get us adults some, too. When he returned to his chair, he plopped on down to relax and collapsed the lawn chair. Unfortunately, his finger was caught in the collapse, between a plastic armrest and a metal bar. We all sat there stunned for a second waiting for him to get up, but when he uttered an "I'm in trouble" and pulled out his bloody hand, things became a blur. His middle (or rude) finger on the left hand had a good size chunk out of it. We didn't really know this until we were trying to get him out the door and into the car when Grandma said, "Oh, Rynn, there's part of your finger over here." She scooped it up, but it was too much for me and we sent Jacob and the parents on their way to the hospital, while we looked up the best route and coached over the cell phone. While Jessy was on the phone, I was cleaning up the carnage--and it was exactly that!! It looked like a crime scene from a TV show. There was blood pooled on a chair and on the floor. Drops of blood everywhere--walls, floors, cabinets. Even spatters up the wall and on the blinds and window. The ER gave him a nice pain block but ended up sending him home with instructions to return in the morning for surgery.

3 comments:

The Whetstone Family said...

Ahhh! Hope he's doing better! I can't believe they sent him home.

Tricks are for Kidds said...

Hi Kelli,

This is one of your missionary companions...Heather Sorensen Kidd. I am packing my apartment to move from Falls Church, VA to move back to SLC, UT. Anyway, I found a letter from you that you wrote as I was leaving the mission...did a google search and tada...there you were. It's amazing to me how you look just the same...but with children and a husband. So good to contact you! Enjoy! Heather

Anonymous said...

Yikes! Poor Rynn!!! Is it better yet?

Was just wondering what your email address is now Kelli? Mine is the same, would like to include you too my blog list and keep in contact.

Holly