Monday, July 28, 2008

SURPRISE!!

**Once again, I was waiting on Jessy to upload the pictures from the camera to the computer. It's not that I'm unable to do this, it just takes me a lot of time because I do it once in a blue moon. After reading the post, you might understand why neither of us has had much time to work on the blog. However, that will be corrected shortly and I plan on getting the camera AND the cables and revamping the whole thing.**

Imagine my surprise when I got a phone call last Monday saying that our stuff was in Salt Lake and they needed to set up a time to deliver it. It was only our stuff from Albuquerque (I thought), and it was only a few days late--to be expected. I almost fell over when they said it was from overseas!! It came 6 weeks early and beat the stuff that had been only 10 hours drive away in New Mexico!!! I excitedly arranged for them to come the next day. It was hectic, for sure, with the three kids and no Jessy, but somehow we managed to get all the boxes ticked off and all the stuff more or less in the house. It helped that the neighbor sent her kids over to get Savannah and Collin toward the end because things were getting a little out of control. The movers were supposed to unpack everything, but if you would have been here, you wouldn't have wanted them going through your stuff, either. I just had them unpack the kitchen, which left a huge mess since they aren't allowed to put things in the cupboards, but no boxes. I've only got one box left to go through in here and it's full of tupperware and sippy cups--I'm not putting them away until I determine that they're worth keeping (has a lid and/or all parts and isn't smelly or gross-looking). Our bedroom and the basement are still full of boxes, but the house actually looks kind of homey, it doesn't echo so much (HOORAY!!!), and everyone is on a real mattress now.


We had to speak in church yesterday. Unfortunately, we had been very distracted by unpacking that we had put off writing talks until Saturday. Grandma and Grandpa Jones came down from Logan, and we were very grateful for that. We were asked to speak on missionary work. Hunter gave a short talk that was not understandable and included him licking the microphone while he was listening for his next line (he licks everything!). Collin gave his scripture both in primary and sacrament meeting and did a great job. Savannah helped write her talk and spoke very clearly into the microphone. I was very nervous, especially about taking too much time, so I talked fast and left Jessy and the rest hymn 25 minutes. Jessy gave a great talk, and was able to make up the time well. Once the kids were done with their part, the boys decided to run back and forth between the stand and the grandparents in the congregation. Finally, I grabbed Hunter and took him out after giving Collin a discreet lecture. In any case, we made it through. And we got to have a yummy roast dinner with Grandma and Grandpa Jones--and Nathan (we enticed him up by the description of what we were making)!

No comments: